Eliminate the #1 cause of fiber failure
End-face contamination is a leading cause of fiber failures. Dirt and contaminant cause insertion loss and back-reflection that inhibits optical transmission and causes havoc with transceivers. Fiber loss and OTDR testing can expose this problem, but in many cases, dirty connections make fiber testing time consuming and inaccurate.
Since dirt can be an issue before, during, or after fiber optic certification testing, and migrate from one end-face to another upon mating, both sides of any connection must always be cleaned and inspected.
Further, mating contaminated connectors can cause permanent damage as microscopic debris is crushed between end-faces in physical contact. Even factory terminated patch cords or pigtails must be inspected as protective caps do not keep end-faces clean. Avoiding this common cause of failure, starts with inspecting the end-face and eliminating any contamination before insertion into a bulkhead or piece of equipment.Overview
- Automated Pass/Fail acceptance testing of fiber end-faces
- Graphical indication of problem areas due to contamination, pits, chips, and scratches
- Large touchscreen for pinch and zoom
- Certify to industry standards – IEC 61300-3-35
- No more confusion about whether the fiber is good or bad
- Eliminate human subjectivity from end-face measurements
- Save end-face views during certification process
- Reduce fiber inspection time with 2-second grading
- ProjX™ system manages job requirements and progress from set-up to systems acceptance, making sure all tests are completed correctly
- Taptive™ user interface simplifies set-up, and eliminates error
- Analyze test results and create professional test reports using LinkWare™ management software